Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) updates
Last updated 24/03/2020 @ 10:00
Following and in accordance with the latest government guidelines, we would like to reassure all our current contract support clients we will continue to service you as normal as possible.
Our team is currently working from home and remotely where possible and are only attending client sites to carry out any urgent work that cannot be carried out remotely. All clients can continue to contact us via our usual methods.
Please note, our helpdesk is under a higher load than usual as we help set up our clients to also be able to work from home, so please bear with us during this busy time, we will get to each and every one of you asap.
Further updates will appear here when available.
In view of the current situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) here in the UK, I’d like to write to you all and reassure you about what Posilan Ltd already have in place to mitigate any possible disruption in the coming days or weeks.
As a business, we have for many years already had a business continuty and disaster recovery plan in place. These include:
- All staff are able to work remotely or from home if necessary.
- Our core services which would impact clients are based in two geographic and network diverse locations (Manchester and Rochdale).
- Our contact information (email, telephones and live chat) will continute to function as normal regardless of our physical working location.
- Our remote support tools will work securely on any internet connection worldwide. This means we can still remotely support your staff if they also have to work remotely form home or in isolation.
- All core services continue to be monitored by us 24/7.
We realise there are uncertain times ahead, but we assure you that we will continue to be here to fully support your business in these difficult times.
The vast majority of support issues we fix remotely already, but to to help protect the health and safety of our staff and our clients, we will start to work with our clients to minimise the number of on-site visits we need to make at present to only those for essential maintenence or setting up of equipment. Other meetings such as account reviews and sales meetings we will endevour where possible to carry our remotely via the phone or video conference.
There may also be times in the coming days and weeks where we are remote working, so if you plan to carry out a delivery to our office, please check with us prior to visiting.
In addition to our own health and safety measures, if we require Openreach to attend to fix an issue wiht a phone line or internet connection, we will require the following declaration from you:
1) Has anyone in the premises been diagnosed with COVID-19, has been asked to self-isolate, or has been travelling to a coronavirus high-risk area or country in the last 14 days?
2) Is anyone in the premises suffering from flu-like symptoms?
If the answer to the first question is yes, the engineer will contact a special hotline for further advice on how to proceed and to ensure the job is furthered correctly for reappointment by as and when appropriate.
If the answer to the second question is yes, the engineer will proceed with the job, but will undertake additional hygiene actions. This includes wiping surfaces, asking the end customer to stay in a different room, to not accept drinks, and on finishing the job to not complete the sign-off with the customer.
We wish you all the best in these challenging times and if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact os by email to email@example.com or call us on 0161 660 7471.